Before you are ready to print, see Ms. Clements about setting up your folder on the Makerspace desktop in the 3D printing folder. (Create a folder with your name to store your design and printing files.)
- Design your thing in Tinkercad or 123D Design.
- Export your design as a .stl file. (Use the same naming conventions spelled out in the Google form: [name of thing][first_name][last_name][color].)
- Save the .stl file in your 3D printing folder on the Makerspace desktop.
- Open CURA.
- Open your .stl file in CURA from your 3D printing folder.
- Check your settings, etc.
- Click "Save to file" and save this new file to your folder in 3D printing. This new file will be named: UM2_filename.gcode. This is the file the 3D printer will use to print. (gcode includes the "instructions" for printing your design.)
- Insert SD card into the Makerspace desktop.
- Copy gcode file onto SD card.
- Eject the SD card.
YOU'RE READY TO PRINT!!!